Most of our activities remain open during Lockdown.
Over the last few weeks a timetable for the gradual reduction of Covid-19 restrictions has emerged. We are very excited that, in the not too distant future, we will be able to reconnect in person with our many friends and customers. This hopeful move is accompanied by reminders that there are still risks, so our reopening will need to navigate these carefully. We have been using the interruption to review every aspect of our work, developing plans for a full reopening and recovery of our enterprise activities. There are a number of exciting developments planned for 2021.
Whilst some aspects of our work are fully open, others are still restricted. At the moment:
- Foundation Training: Our training and work experience for young people has been open throughout lockdown and continues to receive applications and referrals.
- Childcare Pathways: Our nursery provision is available 5 days a week. If you are looking for a place give us a ring.
- Cycle Saviours: Cycle maintenance and bike sales are considered essential services and we continue to be open Monday to Fridays 9.00 am-4.00pm. The workshop can be reached on 01908 226968.
- The Learning Tree: Remains open for school groups only, we will be reviewing this after the Easter holidays.
- Growing People Veggiemail is not operating at the moment. The team are working on a major review of the Farm’s growing and business model and will be launching a new veggie box scheme in late spring.
- Urban Believers and Sew and Grow: Are open for orders and all our products are now available through our online shop.
- Think Food: We hope to be able to reopen our café towards the end of May. We have been recipe testing for a new vegetarian menu, which will be the focus of our café’s new offer.
- Foundation House room bookings: We will be not be taking room bookings until April at the earliest.
We are very grateful for all the support we have received throughout this challenging period. There are many ways you can help us. You can buy from our online shop by clicking on the tab above. If you would like to contribute to our work with a donation please use the ‘support us’ section below. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01908 311112 if you need any more information.
We are an innovative local charity growing people and community through social enterprise. Our eight exciting enterprises work to ‘co-produce’ solutions to locally identified issues that have a global importance.
The enterprises are staffed by amazing teams of young people who have struggled with mainstream education. Their enterprise work experience is supported by accredited training enabling trainees to build confidence and make good choices for the next steps in life.
Our roots are within the Christian community, but we work, learn and play together with people of all faiths and none; celebrating diversity and welcoming people from all parts of our community.
This video gives a flavour of who we are and what we do; we hope you enjoy it, want to find out more and get involved!
Our social enterprises need support to continue our work.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive updates from all of Milton Keynes Christian Foundation social enterprises.
GET IN TOUCH
Please call to arrange an appointment or get in touch via email or on social media.
- 01908 311112
- Milton Keynes Christian Foundation, Foundation House, Aylesbury Street, Wolverton, MK12 5HX
Milton Keynes Christian Foundation operate a number of Social Enterprises and services. Please take a look at them below.
Milton Keynes Christian Foundation
Aylesbury Street, Wolverton
Milton Keynes MK12 5HX
Send us an email