WHAT IS THE LEARNING TREE?
The Learning Tree is our forest school social enterprise that supports children, young people and adults to grow outdoors in our own woodlands using holistic and therapeutic learning activities. We run sessions for pre-schoolers with parents and carers, home educated families, special needs groups, charities, schools and corporate team building. We offer a programme that:
- develops emotional, personal and social skills as well as supporting curriculum and vocational learning in a peaceful woodland environment
- offers a wide range of practical activities including bush-craft, ecology and conservation, creative art and crafts and woodland management
- encourages positive and managed risk taking through the use of tools and fires
- promotes positive learning about and engagement with the natural environment
- has been shown to support mental wellbeing, resilience and self-confidence
- is tailored to the needs of the children and young people taking part
Every living creature depends on insects, without them the environment would fall apart.
Our social enterprises need support to continue our work.
The Learning Tree is one of Milton Keynes Christian Foundations social enterprises staffed by young people not in education, training or employment who gain essential work experience and qualifications as they help children to develop and grow outdoors.
Milton Keynes Christian Foundation operate a number of Social Enterprises and services. Please take a look at them below.
Milton Keynes Christian Foundation
Aylesbury Street, Wolverton
Milton Keynes MK12 5HX
Send us an email